I’m excited to announce the release of my fall 10 week SketchUp training and mentorship program. This class includes all the training you need to become a SketchUp master plus sooooo much more!
Wednesday nights from September 15 through November 17, 2021
7-9 pm Eastern Time each week on Zoom.
- The basics
Learn the fundamentals and get situated with the interface of SketchUp. We will model a space we are familiar with (bedroom/living room).
- Materials and Textures
With a base model created, learn how to apply textures and materials to bring it to life.
Learn how to uses Tags and the Outliner to further organize more complicated models.
- Scenes and Exporting
Learn how to create views and export as still images as well as animations.
- LayOut for Documentaiton
Learn how to create a plan and elevation drawing by sending the model to LayOut, SketchUp’s paper space.
- Importing CAD & PDF Images
Learn how to draw from existing content received as a pdf/image and as a 2D CAD file.
- Model from a Photograph
Learn how to model to scale from an existing photo for interior and exterior applications.
- Extensions & Plugins
Learn all of the best free and paid-for extensions to make your workflow more efficient.
- LayOut 2.0
Learn beyond the basics in creating design intent drawings.
- Rendering Tips
Review and investigate different photorealistic rendering options like SU Podium and Enscape 3D.
What’s included in the webinar?
- (10) 2-hour group classes
- (4) 30 minute private sessions ($150 value)
- Lifetime access to all online tutorial courses. ($295 value)
- Video recordings of every class.
- Direct feedback during sessions
- Calendar invite with meeting id provided.
- Ongoing email support.
- Course Certificate
Designers should have:
- a Mac or PC with SketchUp Pro 2021 installed (30-day trial available)
- a Scroll wheel mouse (preferred)
- Watched the Getting Started course
- Download the Zoom app.
- Use headphones. The audio quality is much better for everyone else.
- Use a second screen/display. You can sign into mulitple times. Many users have success streaming my screen onto a tablet or second monitor to keep your primary display available to model in SketchUp. This prevents having to switch back and forth from the screenshare.
- Stuck? You can share your screen and I can also request mouse control to assist.
- Recording Afterwards. Should you need to leave the session early, I will provide a screen recording link to the session.
Classes are kept small to maximize the value and quality of our time together online.
Cancellations made at least 48 hours in advance of the class will be honored with a full refund. Students who cancel less than 48 hours prior to the start time of the class will receive a credit towards a future class.