[av_one_third first min_height=” vertical_alignment=” space=” custom_margin=” margin=’0px’ padding=’0px’ border=” border_color=” radius=’0px’ background_color=” src=” background_position=’top left’ background_repeat=’no-repeat’ animation=” mobile_display=” av_uid=’av-e6fxkxk’]
[av_heading heading=’New York, NY: 2 Day SketchUp Workshop’ tag=’h1′ link_apply=” link=’manually,http://’ link_target=” style=” size=” subheading_active=” subheading_size=’15’ margin=” padding=’0′ color=” custom_font=” custom_class=” admin_preview_bg=” av-desktop-hide=” av-medium-hide=” av-small-hide=” av-mini-hide=” av-medium-font-size-title=” av-small-font-size-title=” av-mini-font-size-title=” av-medium-font-size=” av-small-font-size=” av-mini-font-size=”][/av_heading]
[av_hr class=’invisible’ height=’8′ shadow=’no-shadow’ position=’center’ custom_border=’av-border-thin’ custom_width=’50px’ custom_border_color=” custom_margin_top=’30px’ custom_margin_bottom=’30px’ icon_select=’yes’ custom_icon_color=” icon=’ue808′ font=’entypo-fontello’ av_uid=’av-d4dqlbs’]
[av_image src=’https://sketchuptrainer.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/nyc2-1-300×128.jpg’ attachment=’4517′ attachment_size=’medium’ align=’left’ styling=” hover=’av-hover-grow’ link=” target=” caption=” font_size=” appearance=” overlay_opacity=’0.4′ overlay_color=’#000000′ overlay_text_color=’#ffffff’ animation=’fade-in’ av_uid=’av-chg0ifs’][/av_image]
[av_hr class=’invisible’ height=’8′ shadow=’no-shadow’ position=’center’ custom_border=’av-border-thin’ custom_width=’50px’ custom_border_color=” custom_margin_top=’30px’ custom_margin_bottom=’30px’ icon_select=’yes’ custom_icon_color=” icon=’ue808′ font=’entypo-fontello’ av_uid=’av-c5zf47s’]
[av_button label=’Watch this Video Introduction’ link=’manually,https://vimeo.com/105565450′ link_target=” size=’medium’ position=’left’ icon_select=’yes’ icon=’ue897′ font=’entypo-fontello’ color=’theme-color’ custom_bg=’#444444′ custom_font=’#ffffff’ av_uid=’av-9vdacwo’]
[av_iconlist position=’left’ iconlist_styling=’av-iconlist-small’ animation=” custom_title_size=’14’ custom_content_size=” font_color=” custom_title=” custom_content=” color=” custom_bg=” custom_font=” custom_border=” av-medium-font-size-title=” av-small-font-size-title=” av-mini-font-size-title=” av-medium-font-size=” av-small-font-size=” av-mini-font-size=” av_uid=’av-bw8g33s’ admin_preview_bg=”]
[av_iconlist_item title=’March 26 – 27′ link=” linktarget=” linkelement=” icon=’ue85b’ font=’entypo-fontello’ av_uid=’av-zorim0′][/av_iconlist_item]
[av_iconlist_item title=’9:30 AM – 4:30 PM’ link=” linktarget=” linkelement=” icon=’ue862′ font=’entypo-fontello’ av_uid=’av-1c7zxzs’][/av_iconlist_item]
[av_iconlist_item title=’154 W 14th Street, New York, NY 10011′ link=” linktarget=” linkelement=’both’ icon=’ue842′ font=’entypo-fontello’]
(NOW ONLINE INSTEAD AT DISCOUNTED RATE)
[/av_one_third][av_two_third min_height=” vertical_alignment=” space=” custom_margin=” margin=’0px’ padding=’0px’ border=” border_color=” radius=’0px’ background_color=” src=” background_position=’top left’ background_repeat=’no-repeat’ animation=” mobile_display=” av_uid=’av-96f5yuw’]
[av_tab_container position=’top_tab’ boxed=’border_tabs’ initial=’1′ av_uid=’av-8kw1qe0′]
[av_tab title=’Overview’ icon_select=’no’ icon=’ue800′ font=’entypo-fontello’ av_uid=’av-81vnyig’]
Learn SketchUp the right way!
Become a SketchUp guru in just 2 days of training. The class is meant for beginners and seasoned users alike. The first day begins with the basics and sets you up for success to model quickly and effectively as well as break any bad habits learned along the way. Students will learn how to create and organize a space as well as understand presentation and exporting techniques.
The second day goes through 2D to 3D SketchUp workflows, modeling from photographs, techniques for creating simple documentation drawings and on how to create photorealistic renderings.
Know before you go
Students should bring their own laptop, power cord, and mouse.
Students that purchase a class will receive:
6 months of access to our tutorial library. ($99 value)
Podium Browser when purchasing SU Podium. ($59 value)
Students may choose to install SketchUp 2016 Make (free) or SketchUp 2016 Pro (paid) before class. Previously versions are ok as well. For the last session, students will be a plugin called SU Podium. The instructor will provide details on how to install SU Podium and any other extensions once you sign up. If you do not have administrative rights to the computer you are using, please contact us prior to the session for your administrator to install the items needed for the course.
[av_tab title=’Day 1′ icon_select=’no’ icon=’ue800′ font=’entypo-fontello’ av_uid=’av-wtiybc’]
Morning: Learn the Basics (9am – 12pm)
This beginner class shows you the basics and creates a strong foundation to build upon. Learn the essentials of navigating SketchUp and the terminology of the program.
- Introduction: Welcome Screen, Templates, Toolbars
- Drawing in 2D: Line, Rectangle, Circle, Polygon, Arc, Freehand
- Lines & Inferencing
- Massing a Model: Learn how to inferencing works in 3D as well as use the Follow-me tool to create complex roof pitches.
- Measuring & Precision: Learn the essentials of drawing in your default units, using the Offset and Push/pull tools.
- Guide me: Learn how to use guides to create window and door openings quickly.
- Groups and Section: Learn why we create groups in the model and how to select objects and geometry.
- Move, Rotate, Copy: Simple exercises that showcase these powerful tools.
Afternoon: Workflow and Presentation Tricks (1pm – 4pm)
This session expands on the skills from Session 1 and shows you how to apply them in techniques and exercises. Working files are included that help show how you can use the program in creating drawings and presentations.
- Styles & Scenes: Learn how to create views and use styles within your model.
- Navigating Around: Learn the ins and outs of orbit, perspectives, pan, etc.
- Creating Groups & Components: Learn when to create components instead of groups.
- Modeling Workflow: Learn how to approach modeling more complex spaces.
- Section Cuts and 2D Views: Learn how to make orthographic views and section cuts and export them.
- A Taste of LayOut: Learn the basics of creating a presentation with SketchUp’s paper-space program: LayOut. (This is a feature with SketchUp Pro)
[av_tab title=’Day 2′ icon_select=’no’ icon=’ue800′ font=’entypo-fontello’ av_uid=’av-p3wixk’]
Morning: 2D to SketchUp Workflow (9am-12pm)
This lesson provides the ideal workflow for using SketchUp when importing existing 2D line drawings. Import a 2D file and learn tips and tricks for organizing line-work, creating reference groups, aligning geometry, and constructing 3D models quickly. Also, you will learn how to save time with some clever plugins for this workflow. Prior CAD skills is not required for this session.
- New Matched Photo: Learn how to model a building for an existing photograph, grab the geolocation and photo-texture the massing model.
- Importing 2D Files: Learn what imports, how its placed and how to make this work to your benefit.
- Layers in SketchUp: Understand how SketchUp controls visibility and geometry.
- Organizing the 2D Model: Learn who to group line work, create layers, and align / rotate 2D elevations in a typical workflow.
- Interior Modeling: Learn techniques for creating openings, adding walls, and placing components. Learn advanced camera tools to better see inside the model.
- Plugins: Learn how to install plugins and use them to save time in creating typically architectural elements like windows, staircases, louvers, and doorways.
- Exporting: Learn how to export views as images, cad files, and how to send to LayOut to create a presentation.
Afternoon: Photorealistic Rendering (1pm – 4pm)
This lesson gives you the tricks and techniques to create photorealistic renderings with SketchUp and a plugin called Podium. Learn how to create reflective materials, lights, and techniques for interior and exterior renderings. This session finishes up by creating a composite rendering and adjusting in Photoshop.
- Why Podium? Learn why I use Podium version other plugins in the market.
- Toolbars: Learn how to navigate the basic tools and interface.
- Interior Techniques: Learn the fundamentals of what makes for a good scene and how to adjust lighting within a room.
- Exterior Techniques: Learn how to adjust style properties and techniques for efficiently modeling with Podium.
- Materials: Learn how to adjust reflection, refraction, bump and blur settings.
- Lighting: Learn how to create spot lights, light
- Podium Browser: Tired of creating materials and lights? Podium Browser offers content with reflections and lighting already built in.
- Rendering: Go through the steps and process while in the rendering engine; this includes best rendering settings and knowing when a rendering is going to be good or bad so you’re not waiting around for it to finish.
- Photoshop Techniques: Learn how to create a composite rendering using techniques in Photoshop to adjust levels, brightness, and contrast. Also learn how to use dodge and burn as well as styles in SketchUp to make your renderings look unique!
[av_tab title=’Reviews’ icon_select=’yes’ icon=’ue80b’ font=’entypo-fontello’ av_uid=’av-2fvt7c’]
[av_testimonials style=’grid’ columns=’1′ interval=’10’ av_uid=’av-6acw53s’]
[av_testimonial_single src=’575′ name=’Hila Manes’ subtitle=” link=’http://’ linktext=” av_uid=’av-5xt2a48′]
Daniel is very patient and his knowledge of sketch up is amazing, from every bug in the program and the ways to overcome them to all the amazing things it can do.
I highly recommend taking his class, the time goes by so fast, you don’t even realize you have been studying for hours.
Cannot say enough good things about this experience. [/av_testimonial_single]
[av_testimonial_single src=’575′ name=” subtitle=” link=’http://’ linktext=” av_uid=’av-56oy3tk’]
Dan is incredibly patient, knowledgeable, and a great teacher. There is a tremendous amount to learn and Dan did a great job trying to impart that on us. Now it will be our turn to build muscle memory and improve our work flow with SketchUp.[/av_testimonial_single]
[av_testimonial_single src=’575′ name=’Jeremy Hart’ subtitle=’Andersen Construction’ link=’http://’ linktext=” av_uid=’av-4qa5o8o’]
This was the best program instruction I have been a part of. The pace was perfect and so well explained I never needed to asks questions. It started from the bottom up. I have and will continue to recommend this class to others in my industry.
[av_testimonial_single src=’575′ name=’Alison Corrie’ subtitle=” link=’http://’ linktext=” av_uid=’av-f9cw6w’]
Dan was very patient was able to give each student personalized attention. The amount of material covered was extensive but receiving links for plugins and other useful information is greatly appreciated. Would recommend the class to anyone![/av_testimonial_single]
[av_testimonial_single src=’575′ name=’Mike Matthews, CMP’ subtitle=’Director of Meeting and Event Planning, Showcall’ link=’http://’ linktext=” av_uid=’av-43wfra0′]
Daniel Brown has been a pleasure to work with from day one. The level of service Dan provides was evident even before I to signed up for his class, when he took the time to review my work and help me determine which training would be right for me. In the training, Daniel’s mastery of the subject matter was clear and he did a great job of keeping the training on track, while answering all participants questions throughout the day. He has even made himself available to answer follow up questions in days and weeks since taking the class. I highly recommend Daniel. I will definitely be reaching out to him again for my future training needs.
[av_testimonial_single src=’575′ name=’Gene Graff’ subtitle=’Senior Project Designer, HDR’ link=’http://’ linktext=” av_uid=’av-3fc4mgo’]The class was fun, enjoyable, relaxed and interesting. Dan Brown is an excellent instructor and is a true master of the material.
I only wish we could stretch the course out over a week so we could practice more and work on a sample project.
[av_testimonial_single src=’575′ name=’Arielle Allen’ subtitle=’Junior Architect, Gary Rosard Architect, PC’ link=’http://’ linktext=” av_uid=’av-31erhy0′]The Plugins and render tools were extremely helpful as well as the tips Dan gave on how to build more efficiently. Dan is a great teacher and is very patient. He does not continue to the next step unless the whole group is caught up.Dan was available for any questions via email or phone and responds very quickly. Overall I really enjoyed my training and would recommend to my fellow architect friends!
[av_testimonial_single src=’575′ name=’Michael Brennan, P.E.’ subtitle=” link=’http://’ linktext=” av_uid=’av-2o725lk’]Dan was great instructor. I especially like the classroom setting and the size of the class This lead to easy interaction with him as he presented the material.
[av_testimonial_single src=’575′ name=’Natasha Nixon’ subtitle=’Architecture Coordinator, EYA’ link=’http://’ linktext=” av_uid=’av-20yqk54′]Dan is a fantastic instructor. The class is a great beginner course & intro to the basics of SketchUp. The pace of the course was great, and gave me the confidence to navigate and use SketchUp for basic design purposes.
[av_textblock size=” font_color=” color=” av_uid=’av-1rg5qns’]
Due to the demand of classes and limited seats, if you are unable to attend a class, please let us know 1 week in advance of the scheduled class and we will give you a full refund or a credit for a future class.