5 weeks of SketchUp training specifically created to get you started using SketchUp the right way. Learn good habits as you take this skills into any workflow or design.
SketchUp for Beginners: 5 Week Webinar Series
5 weeks of SketchUp training specifically created to get you started using SketchUp the right way. Learn good habits as you take these skills into any workflow or design.
Setup the template and toolbars. Understand the basics and core concepts of SketchUp. Learn to create a room with walls, and doors and window openings.
Learn how to work with materials and textures. Create and organize a model using groups and components. Learn how to import from the 3D Warehouse.
Learn how to control visibility with tags. Create camera positions with scenes and export an animation.
Learn how to use LayOut to create a design document. Export scenes in order to create plans, elevations and add dimensions and labels to a drawing.
Wrap the series up with a look at Extensions to speed up workflows. Time will also be provided for a Q & A portion to answer anything related to your specific needs.
What’s included in the webinar?
- (5) 2-hour live webinar sessions
- Access to all online tutorial courses for 1 year. ($95 value)
- Direct feedback during sessions
- Calendar invite with meeting id provided
Designers should have:
- a Mac or PC with SketchUp Pro 2021 installed (30-day trial available)
- a Scroll wheel mouse (preferred)
- Watched the Getting Started course
Classes are kept small to maximize the value and quality of our time together online.
Cancellations made at least 48 hours in advance of the class will be honored with a full refund. Students who cancel less than 48 hours prior to the start time of the class will receive a credit towards a future class.
- Download the Zoom app.
- Use headphones. The audio quality is much better for everyone else.
- Use a second screen/display. You can sign into mulitple times. Many users have success streaming my screen onto a tablet or second monitor to keep your primary display available to model in SketchUp. This prevents having to switch back and forth from the screenshare.
- Stuck? You can share your screen and I can also request mouse control to assist.
- Recording Afterwards. Should you need to leave the session early, I will provide a screen recording link to the session.